FARGO, ND– A blizzard that came across some parts of the Red River Valley in North Dakota and west-central Minnesota made impossible travelling conditions on the highways.
The North Dakota Highway Patrol has closed Interstate 29 between Fargo and the Canada border.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation also closed their roads in west central Minnesota, adding Highway 59 between Detroit Lakes and Mahnomen to the list of highway closures. The following state and federal highways are closed due to dangerous driving conditions:
- Highway 10 between Moorhead and Detroit Lakes
- Interstate 94 between Moorhead and Fergus Falls
- Highway 75 from Perley to Wolverton
- Highway 9 from Borup to Barnesville
- Highway 32 from north of Ulen to Highway 34
- Highway 34 from I-94 to Dunvilla
- Highway 59 from Detroit Lakes to Mahnomen
- Highway 108 from I-94 to Pelican Rapids
- Highway 336 between I-94 to Hwy 10